A considerable amount of sight can be lost before you are aware of a problem. Regular eye exams are vital to help detect problems like these:
Eye tests are essential to ensure normal development in children and for the early detection of conditions affecting the eyes and general health. M S Kalsi Opticians provide full eye checks from the routine eye exam to the more enhanced ones.
Same day appointments are usually available for people who need to be seen urgently and NHS patients are also welcome.
We book 40 minute eye test appointments for all adult examinations. This allows us to conduct a thorough professional and unhurried examination.
The eye examination is a vital health check and should be part of everyone’s normal health regime. Here are a few important reasons to have a regular examination:
1. Protect your eyes. Once lost, your eyesight may never be replaced.
2. Your eyes do not usually hurt when there is something wrong.
3. The eye examination can pick up early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions, such as glaucoma.
4. The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment. This is particularly true for young children and the elderly.
5. The eye examination can also help to detect other health problems.
6. The examination will tell us whether your eyesight needs correcting with spectacles.
Poor eyesight is dangerous. Make sure that you meet the legal requirement for driving.